Philanthropist Daniel Chavez Moran proudly announces the winners of the 2011 Vidanta Foundation Prize for "Contributions to the Reduction of Poverty and Inequality in Latin America and the Caribbean."
- First place and $100,000 is awarded to Desarrollo Autogestionario, A. C. (AUGE), Mexico.
- Second place and $75,000 is awarded to CE-Mujer, Dominican Republic.
- Third place and $50,000 is awarded to Associação Para Valorização de Pessoas com Deficiência, (AVAPE), Brazil.
More than 200 civic organizations throughout the Americas applied for the Vidanta Foundation Prize this year. The winning submissions were selected on August 26, 2011, at Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo state, Mexico, by an esteemed international jury including Mrs. Billie Miller (Barbados), Mr. Carmelo Angulo (Spain), Luis Maira (Chile), Esteban Moctezuma (Mexico) and Julio María Sanguinetti (Uruguay).
Also nominated as finalists were:
- Fundación Allegro, Argentina.
- Fundación Instituto de la Mujer, Chile.
- Sin Fronteras, I. A. P., Mexico.